You’ve decided that VPS Cambodia is way to go for your business. It’s time to make the next decision – what type of OS you should choose?
You have 2 OS choices: Windows or Linux. They are similar in a lot of ways and cover the same basic functions, such as allowing you to host your data, operate applications and scale up your resources as required – in a nutshell what a VPS is all about. But there are some pretty marked differences between the 2 as well so let’s take a look in a little detail at the advantages and disadvantages of each to help with your decision.
Linux best VPS Cambodia
You have surely heard of open source software. Linux is the computer OS version of that and was developed under the model of free collaboration and distribution right from the get-go. It’s known for its stability, performance and innovation. Did you know that it’s been adapted for more hardware platforms than any other OS?
- A whole bunch of OS options such as CentOS/ Ubuntu/ Debian and amongst others.
- If you are a fan of cPanel, you need to go with a Linux cheap VPS Cambodia.
- Works with other open source programming languages, as well as open source apps.
- There is less of a server load than its Windows counterpart thanks to SSH Access and you will get better control.
- Since Linux is open source, you do not have to worry about costs associated with license or having any kind of special software to operate with it.
- In summary, a Linux VPS is perfect for businesses that compatibles with open source, want a friendly budget and have the technical skills on hand to administer the server.
- A Linux VPS is administered via SSH that is not as easy or intuitive as Windows interface.
A Windows VPS operate on Windows, Microsoft’s proprietary OS.
- A Windows VPS is easier to administer if you do not have technical skills. It boasts a familiar GUI or graphical interface. It is really easy to use – any Windows user feels comfortable with it.
- If you are developing in ASP / ASP.NET, the Windows is about integration and support for the scripts.
- Ideal for users with a MS SQL database. It seems to make sense that since they are from the same company they can work well together, right?
- Good support from Microsoft, such as regular and seamless updates.
- Windows is a commercial system that is owned by Microsoft, so you have got to pay more money for it.
- It is not as strong as Linux is in integration with open source programming languages.
- Will not work with the cPanel control panel.
- If your business relies on Microsoft, a Windows VPS is designed to work well with the Microsoft platform.
If you are ready to rock, click to view our various best VPS Cambodia plans and learn more about all the good stuff which makes our VPS so popular.